Rainier Scholars offers a pathway to college graduation and career and leadership development for students of color in Greater Seattle, most of whom will be the first in their family to earn a college degree. Our 12-year program runs from fifth grade through college graduation, providing rigorous academics, leadership training, career development, and personalized support to over 800 scholars and alumni.
We are committed to eliminating barriers to educational opportunities and growing new generations of diverse college graduates, career professionals, and community leaders.
We believe that providing access to opportunities is key to building a more equitable society.
- Creates strong partnerships with families
- Provides rigorous academics, developing critical-thinking and leadership skills
- Offers holistic social and emotional support
- Matches high school and college scholars with professional internships
- Helps scholars apply to, and thrive in, a range of colleges