Lowell’s Restaurant & Bar has been serving the public for close to 100 years. In the early 1900′s, Lowell’s was a combination coffee roaster, peanut roaster, and cafeteria that served the citizens of Seattle when they visited the “Public Market” to purchase fresh farm produce, seafood, and dairy goods. The “flagship” Manning’s Cafeteria, then became Lowell’s in 1957 and has remained so ever since.
From the front entrance in the main arcade of Pike Place Market, it is unlikely that most visitors realize Lowell’s has three floors of seating—all offering world-class views of the Olympic Mountains, the ferries crossing Puget Sound, and a seagull’s view of the Port of Seattle.
Gratuity is not included.